Saturday, March 2, 2013 from 2:00 – 6:00 PM
Athens Technical College
800 US Highway 29 North, Athens, GA 30601
1. Players must be at least 13 years old to register.
2. All players must be pre-registered online for $15. Walk-up players on day of event will have a $20 registration fee.
3. ACLC will provide all game boards.
4. There are two rounds in which all players compete. Each round will last exactly 50 minutes.
5. There are two teams competing per game. Each team has at most two players. Teams must remain intact for whole tournament.
6. In the first round, players are randomly matched. In the second round, king of the hill pairing is used.
7. A team’s scores from both games are combined and the top two scoring teams go on to compete in a championship game.
8. Official SCRABBLE® rules are used as tournament rules.
9. The Fourth Edition SCRABBLE® dictionary is used in tournament play.
10. There will be judges to rule on challenges during games.
Pre-registration is closed. Walk-ins welcome!! Walk-in registration is $20 at door for each player.
All proceeds to support and promote adult literacy in Athens-Clarke County.
ACLC is a non-profit organization under IRS Tax Code for 501(c)3.